Join us for an adventure on the Northumberland coast !
Here at Boards and Bikes we live and breathe the word ‘adventure’…
We want to share with you a few of our favourites, and help you find one of your own.
Over the last 30-odd years we have collected a lot of experiences that stick in our memory… a few of them are below to whet your appetite..
- Sea kayak to the Farne Islands – and back - departing from Bamburgh
- The Three Ship Challenge – visit each pub for a drink in one day – The Ship on Holy Island, The Ship in Seahouses and The Ship in Low Newton – ALL BY SEA !!
- Hike the Cheviots – parking in valley, Walk up Hedgehope and the then up Cheviot for the best views in the county
- Diving and Snorkelling with the seals at the Farne Islands – play with the amazingly tame and friendly creatures !
- Cycle the Cheviot ridge – Starting from Cheviot, ride all the way back to the coast down to the same piece of rock at Bamburgh
- Walk the coastal path – from Craster, past Dunstanburgh, Embleton, Newton, Beadnell, Seahouses, Bamburgh and finishing at Budle Bay
- Tow-snowboarding on Chatton moor – with the help of some 4x4s, ride the deep snow on the moorland leading into the Cheviots
- Cycle-camp to St Cuthberts Cave – starting at the coast, cycle inland past Belford, up to the famous St Cuthberts cave bef0re spending the night under the stars
- Navigate the Tweed by boat and wakeboard - starting at Kelso, follow the path of the river Tweed downstream to Berwick.
- Abseil off Bamburgh Castle – are rare treat ! – few people will ever descend fro the walls of this famous castle !
- Zip-line along the front of Bamburgh Castle – at night – a unique experience you will never forget.
- Coasteer the amazing rocky coastline of Howick – incredible landscapes and some HUGE cliff jumps await
- Surf the best kept secrets on the UK coastline… ask nicely and we might tell you where !!
- Charge the big waves in the isolated big-waves of the ‘Centre breaks’ in Beadnell Bay